Are you considering Invisalign for yourself or your child and wondering about the cost? Invisalign is an alternative to braces that uses clear plastic aligners to straighten teeth and treat orthodontic issues. In many cases the cost is comparable to braces, but may be priced just a bit higher. If you’re wondering how much Invisalign costs in Dallas, TX and the surrounding area, it depends on various factors.
Factors That Affect Invisalign Cost
Invisalign prices are not standard for all orthodontic practices and geographical areas. There are many different elements that go into the pricing for various types of orthodontic care. The price of Invisalign may depend on any or all of the following factors.
- Extent of Treatment Required. Every patient has a unique set of orthodontic issues that need to be addressed. Some patients will have extensive correction and others may just need some slight adjustments. Invisalign involves a series of clear aligners that gently shift the teeth into the correct positions. The more the teeth need to move, the greater the number of aligners that will need to be created for the total treatment plan. The need for more aligners both lengthens the duration and drives up the total cost of treatment. Average treatment time is a few months to a year or more.
- The Orthodontic Practice You Choose. Each orthodontic practice will set their own price for Invisalign that is competitive with other practices in the area. You may see some difference in pricing if you check the various Invisalign providers in the area, but most will likely be within the same average price range. Pricing may also depend on your orthodontist’s level of expertise. The more successful treatments an orthodontist has reported affects their status as an Invisalign provider. Patients may be willing to pay more for an orthodontist with more experience.
- Where You Live. Prices may vary based on your geographic location. You will likely find higher prices in major cities than in small towns. The cost of living in your area will have a lot to do with it, including the average cost of orthodontic care.
- Your Insurance. Dental insurance sometimes covers orthodontic care. It usually comes in a lump sum amount that will cover a portion of your Invisalign cost. It is rarely 100% coverage and may depend on whether there is a need for orthodontic care that is more than just cosmetic. If your insurance plan offers a flex spending account or an HSA (health savings account) you may be able to use the pre-tax dollars from that account to pay for orthodontic care.
- Financing. If you don’t have insurance or if your insurance doesn’t cover enough of the cost of Invisalign, you may be able to finance the cost through the orthodontic practice or through an outside lender such as Greensky. Financing may sometimes include interest, which is another factor that affects the cost of your Invisalign treatment.
How Much Does Invisalign Cost at Castle Hills 3D Orthodontics?
Invisalign treatment at Castle Hills 3D Orthodontics starts at $1999. This is just the base price for treatment before an evaluation has been done. After a thorough evaluation, a treatment plan can be created and a more accurate price can be determined.
Dr. Amal Seifelnasr believes in utilizing the latest technology in orthodontics, and Invisalign is just one example of technological advancement in the field of orthodontics. With Invisalign you can get straighter, healthier teeth without the look and discomfort of metal braces. Clear aligners are virtually invisible and comfortable for a more convenient treatment experience.